GeoMesa 1.2.3 includes 40+ improvements and bug fixes that have been addressed.
GeoMesa Accumulo Runtime Jar Required for Ingest
- The GeoMesa distributed runtime jar now must be installed on the cluser and configured for VFS classloading prior to ingest
- Supports pre-computed bounds and statistics
Pre-computed statistics & Query Planning
- GeoMesa now stores statistics about the spatiotemporal bounds and distribution of data at ingest time.
- Statistics can be used for more accurate index selection during query planning.
- Pre-computed statistics are available via a REST API that can be configured using the GeoMesa-Ext CatalogListener.
Keywords Stored in GeoMesa
- Keywords can be added to the datastores metadata either at SFT creation in Scala or typesafe config or added via command-line tools.
- Useful for configuring stealth keywords
Multi-Level Attribute Visibility
- Draft/first-pass per-attribute visibility controls.
- Attributes within a simple feature can have different visibility levels
Data SFT/Converters In Tools
- Common SFT/Converter TypeSafe config definitions now ship with tools (e.g. twitter, geolife, geonames, etc.)
- Scripts for downloading data are included in tools
Native API View
- Domain objects in the Native API can now leverage GeoMesa secondary indexing
Other Notable Changes
- Kafka Datastore Fixes - Fixed isssue for CQL queries with multiple spatial filters
- Spark/Scala 2.10 Support - Updates to GeoMesaSpark and continuing work to support Spark/Scala 2.10
- Updated Documentation - All supported data stores have their own chapters in the User Manual, with installation and GeoServer configuration information. Additional libraries are described in a modules and libraries chapter in the User Manual.
- Elastic MapReduce (EMR) Scripts - EMR scripts are now included in the tools
- GeoMesa 1.2.3 supports upgrade in place from versions 1.1.0.rc.7 through 1.2.2
- Shutdown the geoserver and upgrade the distributed runtime in accumulo as well as the geomesa jars in the webserver