GeoMesa 1.2.4 includes 20+ improvements and bug fixes.
GeoMesa Accumulo Runtime Jar is no longer required for ingest
- The GeoMesa distributed runtime jar was required in GeoMesa 1.2.3 before ingest could occur; this release addresses that limitation.
Pre-computed statistics & Query Planning
- GeoMesa's pre-computed stat writing has been updated.
- Stats writing is handled per Datastore. Calling DataStore.dispose will manage those resources appropriately.
- Stats are written in a slightly better format.
- UniqueProcess WPS leverages distributed stats computation.
Multi-Level Attribute Visibility
- Draft/first-pass per-attribute visibility controls.
- Attributes within a simple feature can have different visibility levels
Other Notable Changes
- Data SFT/Converters In Tools
- Converter library can apply feature visibility
- Updated the TDrive download script.
- Bugs Fixes
- Various documentation and build improvements.
- GeoMesa Spark
- Improvement to passing SimpleFeatureType configuration between worker nodes.
- GeoMesa 1.2.4 supports upgrade in place from versions 1.1.0.rc.7 through 1.2.3
- Shutdown the geoserver and upgrade the distributed runtime in accumulo as well as the geomesa jars in the webserver