GeoMesa 1.3.5 is the fifth bugfix release in the GeoMesa 1.3 line and includes 4 fixes and improvements since the 1.3.4 release.
Improvements / bug fixes
- Namespace support for Saxon XML converter
- Performance improvements for KafkaDataStore filter processing
- Performance improvements on Arrow dictionary scans
- Query logging still did some processing even if log messages were not output
Versions & Compatibility
GeoMesa 1.3 Compatibility- The 1.3 line of GeoMesa will be a stable line of GeoMesa releases that is aimed at providing as much API compatibility as possible. Our goal is to provide minor version interoperability meaning that any 1.3.x client or server code can interoperate. This compatibility feature will not be available during the 1.3.0 milestone release phase.
GeoMesa 1.2 Compatibility- The 1.2 line of GeoMesa releases provides what we have termed data compatibility, meaning that data ingested with previous versions can still be used with new versions of the GeoMesa JARs. For example, data ingested with 1.2.0 can be read and written by 1.2.6. This compatibility requires that the GeoServer plugin, tools, and distributed runtime JARs all have to match in their minor version numbers.
- GeoMesa 1.3.5 supports upgrade in place from previous versions.
- Ensure that the GeoServer plugins, distributed runtime, and tools JARs are all of the same client version.
- Shut down GeoServer.
- Upgrade the distributed runtime in Accumulo/HBase as well as the Geomesa JARs in GeoServer.