GeoMesa 3.2.0 is the second minor release in the 3.x line. This release includes 80 new features and bug fixes since the 3.1.0 release. Users upgrading from 2.x should read the 3.0 Upgrade Guide. Install bundles for LocationTech GeoMesa can be downloaded from GitHub or individual artifacts are available on Maven central. GeoMesa-NiFi Nars are available on GitHub or Maven central.
Dependency Version Updates and new Supported Versions
- Scala 2.12 is now supported and binaries for Scala 2.11 and 2.12 are available.
- Spark 3.0 and 3.1.1 are now supported.
- Updated JTS version to 1.17.0 to align with GeoTools 23.3. (This was a bug in GeoMesa 3.1.0.)
- GeoMesa-NiFi has upgraded its NiFi dependency to NiFi 1.12.1.
- Limited query compatibility modes for
- Accumulo (GeoMesa 1.3)
- HBase (GeoMesa 2.3)
- Added support for Spark 3.0.0 and 3.1.1
- Better Kerberos suppport for GeoMesa Accumulo and HBase in Spark
- Added st_geomFromGeoJSON UDF
- Kafka DataStore:
Bug Fixes and Improvements
- Various FileSystem DataStore bugs and limitations have been addressed.
- Metadata handling for the FileSystem DataStore has been improved.
- HBase improvements and support for namespace use.
- JsonPath handling for Arrays in GeoMesa Converters.
Versions and Compatibility
The 2.x and 3.x lines of GeoMesa follows Semantic Versioning. It provides data compatibility with versions back to 1.2.0. GeoMesa 3.x offers public API compatibility with versions 3.x. It offers binary compatibility with versions 3.1.x.
Note that the GeoMesa public API is not currently well defined. Users with deep code integration with GeoMesa may need to update some calls.
GeoMesa 3.2.0 supports upgrade in place from previous versions of 2.x or 3.0.x, by updating the GeoMesa JAR versions. Ensure that JARs are updated in all clients and servers. See the upgrade guide for information on changes that may affect you after the update.