GeoMesa 2.2.0 is the second minor release in the 2.x line. This release includes 27 bug fixes and improvements since the 2.1.0 release. Users should read the 2.2 upgrade guide.
Dependency Version Updates
- GeoTools updated from 18.0 to 20.0
- GeoServer updated from 2.12 to 2.14
- Support for GeoTools 20 and GeoServer 2.14 - note that older versions are no longer supported due to package renaming
- Fixes for instability in large HBase scans
- Fix for JsonPath expressions on newer versions of Hadoop
- Fix for considering lower bounded dates equal to the Java epoch
- Various command-line tools packaging and scripting fixes
Versions and Compatibility
The 2.x line of GeoMesa follows Semantic Versioning. It provides data compatibility with versions back to 1.2.0. It offers public API compatibility with versions 2.x. It offers binary compatibility with versions 2.2.x.
Note that the GeoMesa public API is not currently well defined. Users with deep code integration with GeoMesa may need to update some calls.
GeoMesa 2.2.0 supports upgrade in place from previous versions of 2.x, by updating the GeoMesa JAR versions. Ensure that JARs are updated in all clients and servers. See the upgrade guide for information on changes that may affect you after the update.