GeoMesa 3.4.0 is the next minor release in the 3.x line. This release includes 35 new features and bug fixes since the 3.3.0 release. Users upgrading from 2.x should read the 3.0 Upgrade Guide. Install bundles for LocationTech GeoMesa can be downloaded from GitHub or individual artifacts are available on Maven central. GeoMesa-NiFi nars are available on GitHub or Maven central.
Dependency Version Updates
- GeoMesa NiFi nars are now compiled against NiFi version 1.15.3, but they should still be compatible with NiFi versions at least back to 1.12.
- Automatic time-based partition management for PostGIS data stores
- Improved integration with Confluent schema registry Kafka topics
- Support for configuration of Kafka topics through SimpleFeatureType keywords
Notable Bug Fixes
- Arrow scans with unordered dictionary fields have been fixed
- Kafka event-time expiry has been fixed
- A bug with XML converter root element paths has been fixed
- Deletes with attribute-level visibilities have been fixed
- A bug with Spark push-down filters has been fixed
- NiFi converter enrichment cache loading has been fixed
Versions and Compatibility
The 2.x and 3.x lines of GeoMesa follows Semantic Versioning. It provides data compatibility with versions back to 1.2.0. GeoMesa 3.x offers public API compatibility with versions 3.x. It offers binary compatibility with versions 3.1.x.
Note that the GeoMesa public API is not currently well defined. Users with deep code integration with GeoMesa may need to update some calls.
GeoMesa 3.3.0 supports upgrade in place from previous versions of 2.x or 3.0.x, by updating the GeoMesa JAR versions. Ensure that JARs are updated in all clients and servers. See the upgrade guide for information on changes that may affect you after the update.
Thanks to all the people who have contributed to this release!
- Austin Heyne
- Dave West
- Emilio Lahr-Vivaz
- Ethan Howell
- Forrest Feaser
- James Hughes
- John Gibson
- Nate Hellmuth