GeoMesa 2.4.1 is a bug-fix release in the 2.4.x line. This release includes 23 bug fixes since the 2.4.0 release. Users should read the 2.4.1 upgrade guide.
- Fix uncaught errors in underlying database scans
- Fix memory handling in Arrow queries
- Fix installation jar script download paths
- Fix Cassandra table primary key
- Fix Bigtable Zookeeper dependency
- Fix spark-runtime jar conflicts with Databricks environments
Versions and Compatibility
The 2.x line of GeoMesa follows Semantic Versioning. It provides data compatibility with versions back to 1.2.0. It offers public API compatibility with versions 2.x. It offers binary compatibility with versions 2.4.x.
Note that the GeoMesa public API is not currently well defined. Users with deep code integration with GeoMesa may need to update some calls.
GeoMesa 2.4.1 supports upgrade in place from previous versions of 2.x, by updating the GeoMesa JAR versions. Ensure that JARs are updated in all clients and servers. See the upgrade guide for information on changes that may affect you after the update.