GeoMesa 2.4.0 is a minor release in the 2.x line. This release includes 123 new features and bug fixes since the 2.3.0 release. Users should read the 2.4 upgrade guide.
- The ability to update existing features in the FileSystem DataStore
- Non-point geometries (e.g. polygons, linestrings, etc) in Parquet files
- Support for ingesting Parquet files through GeoMesa convert
- Command-line tools for arbitrary DataStores (e.g. Postgis)
- Feature-level time-to-live in the Redis DataStore
- A new indexing option using the S2 spatial algorithm
- Improved support for HBase with Kerberos
- Command-line distributed export to HDFS or S3
Versions and Compatibility
The 2.x line of GeoMesa follows Semantic Versioning. It provides data compatibility with versions back to 1.2.0. It offers public API compatibility with versions 2.x. It offers binary compatibility with versions 2.4.x.
Note that the GeoMesa public API is not currently well defined. Users with deep code integration with GeoMesa may need to update some calls.
GeoMesa 2.4.0 supports upgrade in place from previous versions of 2.x, by updating the GeoMesa JAR versions. Ensure that JARs are updated in all clients and servers. See the upgrade guide for information on changes that may affect you after the update.