GeoMesa 1.3.0-m2 is the third milestone for our GeoMesa 1.3 line and includes 24 Fixes and Improvements
- Support for GeoJson & Json Attributes
- Attributes can now be ingested as "json" attributes and store arbitrary Json blobs
- GeoJson documents can be ingested and indexed automatically using the GeoMesa Native API
- Support for JsonPath predicates for both Json attributes and GeoJson documents
- XML and Java system properties (-D options) are now supported for GeoMesa
- GeoHash (st-idx) Indexes are now removed
- Guava caches replaced with Caffeine for performance and compatibility
- Various command line tools fixes and upgrades
Versions & Compatibility
1.2 Maintenance Releases - GeoMesa will continue to cut releases on the 1.2.x line of GeoMesa targeted at bugfixes and stability improvements for existing Accumulo 1.6+ installations. Features may be backported from 1.3 to 1.2, but in general new functionality will be targeted to 1.3 in order to balance stability with innovation.
GeoMesa 1.3 Compatibility- The 1.3 line of GeoMesa will be a stable line of GeoMesa releases that is aimed at providing as much API compatibility as possible. Our goal is to provide minor version interoperability meaning that any 1.3.x client or server code can interoperate. This compatibility feature will not be available during the 1.3.0 milestone release phase.
GeoMesa 1.2 Compatibility- The 1.2 line of GeoMesa releases provides what we have termed data compatibility, meaning that data ingested with previous versions can still be used with new versions of the GeoMesa JARs. For example, data ingested with 1.2.0 can be read and written by 1.2.6. This compatibility requires that the GeoServer plugin, tools, and distributed runtime JARs all have to match in their minor version numbers.
GeoMesa 1.3 Milestone Releases - GeoMesa 1.3 will release a series of milestone releases which are not designed to be interoperable with each other from an API point of view. They will, however, still provide data compatibility. They are intended to provide new functionality to early adopters. When upgrading to future release candidates, make sure to upgrade all GeoMesa JARs in your environment (i.e. GeoServer plugin, distributed runtime, and ingest JARs) to the same matching versions.
- GeoMesa 1.3.0-m2 supports upgrade in place from 1.2.x versions.
- Ensure that the GeoServer plugins, distributed runtime, and tools JARs are all of the same client version.
- Shut down GeoServer.
- Upgrade the distributed runtime in Accumulo as well as the Geomesa JARs in GeoServer.