GeoMesa 2.0.2 is the second bug fixe release in the 2.0.x line. This release includes 12 bug fixes and improvements since the 2.0.1 release. Users already on 2.0.0 or 2.0.1 are encouraged to update with minimal risk. Users on older versions should read the 2.0 upgrade guide.
Dependency Version Updates
- Apache Orc updated from 1.4.1 to 1.4.4
- Spark HBase doesn't drop the first character of feature IDs
- Cost based query planning determines accurate cost for 'attribute not null' queries
- Kafka CQEngine index handles filter functions
- Query reprojection requests are respected
- JsonPath converter handles optional json elements
Versions and Compatibility
The 2.0 line of GeoMesa will follow Semantic Versioning. It will continue to offer data compatibility, in that data written with older versions will still be readable. It will also offer API compatibility, in that any 2.0.x client code will be able to communicate with any 2.0.x server code, although using new features that are added may require updating both client and server code.
GeoMesa 2.0.2 supports upgrade in place from previous versions of 2.0.x, by updating the GeoMesa JAR versions. Ensure that JARs are updated in all clients and servers. See the upgrade guide for information on changes that may affect you after the update.