GeoMesa 3.3.0 is the third minor release in the 3.x line. This release includes 60 new features and bug fixes since the 3.2.0 release. Users upgrading from 2.x should read the 3.0 Upgrade Guide. Install bundles for LocationTech GeoMesa can be downloaded from GitHub or individual artifacts are available on Maven central. GeoMesa-NiFi nars are available on GitHub or Maven central.
Dependency Version Updates
- GeoMesa NiFi nars now use Scala 2.12 by default. This may affect any custom GeoMesa converter functions loaded through the ExtraClasspaths property.
- Support for Bytes, List and Map attribute types in Spark SQL
- Kafka layer views (similar to SQL views)
- Bulk ingest to Accumulo stores
- Automatic character recognition for shapefile ingest based on a .cpg file
- Improved FSDS metadata performance
- Lamba data store processor for NiFi
Bug Fixes and Improvements
- Accumulo Kerberos authentication in Spark has been fixed
- Spark weighted spatial partitioning has been fixed
- NiFi failure and success counts have been fixed
- Various query/filter bugs have been fixed
Versions and Compatibility
The 2.x and 3.x lines of GeoMesa follows Semantic Versioning. It provides data compatibility with versions back to 1.2.0. GeoMesa 3.x offers public API compatibility with versions 3.x. It offers binary compatibility with versions 3.1.x.
Note that the GeoMesa public API is not currently well defined. Users with deep code integration with GeoMesa may need to update some calls.
GeoMesa 3.3.0 supports upgrade in place from previous versions of 2.x or 3.0.x, by updating the GeoMesa JAR versions. Ensure that JARs are updated in all clients and servers. See the upgrade guide for information on changes that may affect you after the update.