GeoMesa 3.0.0 is the first major release in the 3.x line. This release includes 127 new features and bug fixes since the 2.4.0 release. Users should read the 3.0 Upgrade Guide. Install bundles for LocationTech GeoMesa can be downloaded from GitHub or Maven central. GeoMesa-NiFi Nars are available on GitHub and Maven central.
Dependency Version Updates and new Supported Versions
- Update to GeoTools 23.0 and GeoServer 2.17
- Added support for Accumulo 2.0 (Accumulo 1.9.x still supported)
- Added support for HBase 2.x (HBase 1.4.x still supported).
- Update Hadoop compile version to 2.8.5. (And we've tested with Hadoop 3.x.)
- Timeouts have been revamped. Each DataStore will manage timeouts as it makes queries.
- Raster support has been removed
- The 'Native' API and Blob Storage have also been removed
- See a complete list in the upgrade guide
Versions and Compatibility
The 2.x and 3.x lines of GeoMesa follows Semantic Versioning. It provides data compatibility with versions back to 1.2.0. GeoMesa 3.x offers public API compatibility with versions 3.x. It offers binary compatibility with versions 3.0.x.
Note that the GeoMesa public API is not currently well defined. Users with deep code integration with GeoMesa may need to update some calls.
GeoMesa 3.0.0 supports upgrade in place from previous versions of 2.x, by updating the GeoMesa JAR versions. Ensure that JARs are updated in all clients and servers. See the upgrade guide for information on changes that may affect you after the update.